Hemp is often confused with sisal, sea grass and jute. Although these fibres may look similar to each other they all feel and wear differently. As far as we are concerned hemp is by far the softest and most durable.
Why we love hemp?
- It feels great underfoot.
- The natural varied colour of hemp brings warmth into any home and blends with timber seamlessly.
- It is known as the strongest and most durable natural textile fibre. This makes it very hardwearing, particularly in flooring and upholstery.
- It is biodegradable so can be returned to the earth at the end of its life.
- Hemp crops are known to improve soil quality, returning nutrients back into the soil.
- It is easily grown organically without herbicides, pesticides or fungicides.
- Dogs love it! It helps to regulate their body temperature, which makes a hemp rug the perfect resting place for your pooch on a hot day.
Choose natural and create a healthy home
Images courtesy or Armadillo&Co